2.15.2012

Our new baby

Our third little boy was not due til February 19th, but I was going to be induced on the 9th of February. On the 7th I  got a phone call from my dr and he told me he was worried about the baby for some reason and wanted to change my induction date for the next day so we could get him here as soon as possible. He didn't say a specific reason why he was worried other than he just felt we needed to get the baby here. So I called Tom at to see if he could make arrangements at work and then I called my sister to see if she could come earlier than planned. Luckily everything worked out and I went to the hospital at 4 am. Things didn't quite go as planned and I ended up getting an epidural around 11:45am and right after I got it I was ready to have the baby. The baby's heart rate started started dropping and my doctor was in delivering another baby. My nurse had everything ready and was going to deliver the baby right when the doctor walked in and took over. I was so scared as I heard the baby's heart rate get slower and slower. I kept looking at Tom to make sure he wasn't panicing and for the reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

 Our new little bundle of joy was born February 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm. We named him Max Alan Braithwaite and he weighed 5lbs. 14 oz. and 18.5 inches. He was so tiny!! About a pound smaller than my others. When he was born he was blue because of the loss of oxygen and the nurse and respiratory therapist watched him for a few minutes before I could even hold him. Being small for his gestational age they kept checking his blood sugar levels as well to make sure it wasn't that the cause. Everything checked out great there, but the doctor told us that his cord was very short and a whimpy cord. It didn't look all fat aand plump like normal, it was skinny. What a blessing it was to get him here a day earlier. I was starving the poor baby! I am so grateful for the doctor I had and that he went with what felt right. I feel blessed to have a healthy little baby boy!

Look at how tiny he is

 Mommy was in love immediately!!

 Proud big brothers :)
 Our first family picture with Max


 Grandma and Grandpa Hansen came to the hospital to see Max :) We are so glad they could come. And I loved that my mom stayed with us for a few days to help out at home.

 And my sister Karissa and her husband Tyson are the BEST!!! They came and stayed with the boys while I was in the hospital so Tom could stay with me. It was nice to not have to worry about the kids. The boys had so much fun with them!

What a precious little baby

Getting ready to go home! :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun to look at these pictures of him again! He was such a tiny little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete