11.16.2011

A Surprise Anniversary


Today is our 9th anniversary! I can't believe how fast time goes by! I feel like I have known him forever!  I just love being married to him and he makes my life so much better.
He decided to plan a little getaway without me knowing since we will be having a baby soon and next year it would be hard to leave the baby. So he started planning everything about 3 months ago and had everything arranged. So on saturday (11/12) I got in the shower to get ready so we could go to the Manti temple since that's what I thought we were doing for the day. When I got out of the shower there was a card with my name typed on it. At first I was wondering who came in while I was showering...I didn't hear anyone! So I opened the card and it was from my hubby. It said "this was an early anniversary for me and I was invited to spend the day with him having fun and being surprised. I had one hour to get ready and I also may want to pack some clothes because we may not be back til tomorrow." After I read it I seriously had a perma-grin!! I was so excited! I had no idea he had planned anything. So I got ready and packed my clothes and at 10 am we were off.
I didn't know where we were going and that made it more fun. We ended up in Salt Lake and had some lunch and then we went to the temple. We had never been to the Salt Lake Temple so it was so fun. We have always wanted to and so now we have! After the temple session we walked around temple square and then ended up in the Chuch History Muesum because it was snowing and we were getting wet (my hair was soaked!). After being there for a little while, it was time to go somewhere else he had planned. So we started walking and ended up at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. He was taking me to dinner at "The Roof". We enjoyed some yummy food and a beautiful view of the temple.

After eating dinner, he took me to another place he had planned and that was "The Anniversary Inn." We stayed in the 'Sun Valley' room.


 It had a fireplace.

 The bathroom was an outhouse! And yes there is a skunk on top of it. The shower was a waterfall.
I had to take a pic of our yummy breakfast...it was delish!!

I loved being able to spend time with my hubby! I think we both needed a little getaway. He spoiled me and I am grateful for all the planning he did to make it a surprise. I love you babe!! Thanks for the perfect anniversary!! 

4 comments:

  1. Apparently I suck at looking at blogs. I have not seen like the last 3 pages of your blog until tonight!! But you guys went hiking a ton this past summer! I mean I am sure I knew every time you went, but when you have a post about every single one it shows how much you were out! Its funny that there was only like one time that we were able to even go together! Fun times. :) I guess we did go to Cedar Breaks and get rained out. Funny memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wondeful husband you have!! I have been to the Roof before, it is beautiful and DELICIOUS!! We also went to the Anniversary Inn on our wedding night and I took a picture of our breakfast too, it was just too cute!!! I am glad you had such a wonderful Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know you had updated your blog missy! The pictures of the boys playing in the snow is so cute! And I loved reading about your anniversary surprise:) even though i knew about it haha. The pictures are lovely too:) glad you two had fun and some time together! love you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome of him to do! And that is my idea of a nice getaway!

    ReplyDelete